5.9/360 V-8, Automatic Transmission
Air Conditioning, Power Windows
This is a Final Edition, the last year of production – Only 1,560 Grand Wagoneer’s were produced in 1991 with a factory “Final Edition” dash plaque, the best mechanical year and the most highly valued and sought after investor year with current restored sales climbing. I spent years searching for the right color, low mileage, and rust free Jeep Grand Wagoneer – this is the result.
Only 64,500 original miles on the chassis, only 5,000 miles on complete engine rebuild. Professional restoration completed in 2013 by Jeep Wagoneer restoration specialist, repainted in its original deep burgundy paint – see restoration notes below.
Before restoration, the oil pan drain plug leaked all the oil out and the engine was ruined. So, a complete and correct rebuilt long block was purchased from Roadmaster Engine Corporation and installed by the Jeep Wagoneer specialist during restoration.
Most of its life has been spent in dry rust free Wyoming with only occasional use. Judging from the appearance of the undercarriage and overall condition of the vehicle it appears to have been an always garaged Sunday driver, likely never out in inclement weather. Its next stop was an estate in Salem, New Hampshire. I bought it 2015 and shipped it to California. It has a clear title and a clear AutoCheck Vehicle History Report (www.autocheck.com).
The interior is in near showroom condition. The deep burgundy leather seats are soft, supple, look and smell new, and the original carpets have no stains or fading. The air-conditioner, power seats, mirrors, locks, interior lights, all four windows and the tailgate window all work as new.
The wood grain paneling shines and presents very nicely. The “wood” trim is very nice with only minor blemishes. The dash has minor cracks. See video for details. For the enthusiast wanting a show car, and dramatically increasing its value, both the “wood” and the dash are available, and easy to follow installation instructions can be found on Youtube.com. Frankly, these are such minor items I would never bother changing them.
All the chrome and stainless steel trim, including the front grill, bumpers, and door trim are all intact and look great. The original wheels look fine, tires are like new. It is nicer than most others in its as-is presentation and drives perfectly at highway speeds with ice cold air conditioning.
The owner’s manual is in the glove compartment. The original factory AM/FM Cassette radio is currently not working and rather than have it repaired I was planning on replacing it with a factory look alike AM/FM/CD version.
As you can see in the photos, the exterior paint and overall body condition is just about as perfect as you can find.
Restoration Notes from Jeep Grand Wagoneer restoration specialist, Steve Winkel.
Purchased June 21, 2012 from Rock Springs, WY. Jeep was original, low-mileage vehicle with no rust or major damage. Well- kept and maintained. Previous owner had issue with oil drain pug which leaked all oil out and ruined engine. No other issues with mechanical issues were known at the time of my purchase.
Jeep underwent complete restoration/service/repair completed in 2013.
Excellent example of the glorious Jeep Grand Wagoneer with deep plush carpeting, all power options, and great driving and riding. A/C blows cold, interior is fresh, clean and of course it comes from a non-smoker owner. Original carpet, original wood grain decal and trim. Clean, rust-free frame and undercarriage match the rich, glossy topside paint.
The following specific service/inspections/repair have been completed:
- New high quality 2-stage paint, wet-sanded and buffed to a mirror finish.
- New premium WSW tires (235-5R15).
- Wheels refinished to factory specs (better than new) c&c with clear coat.
- New Lifetime Gorilla brand stainless Steel lug nuts installed
- Polished center caps installed with stainless steel screws
- Balanced wheels with new valve stems with Jeeps caps.
- Complete rebuilt correct engine (Roadmaster Engine Corporation completed 2/13/13)
- Complete long block
- Full professional fluids & filters services
- New belts
- New battery
- Full tune-up including plugs, wires and filters
- Complete cooling system flush, refill, pressure test
- A/C leak tested and charged (original R12 style)
- Rebuild carburetor
- New brakes
- New shocks
- New air intake hose
- New oil breather cap
- Polished, cleaned air cleaner with functional air dampers
- New heat riser hose
- Rebuilt alternator
- Rebuilt starter
- Vacuum lines replaced and serviced
- Steering gear box serviced/inspected
- New headliner
- Polished aluminum bumper
- New exhaust system complete
- New roof rack well nuts
- New window mids.
- New door handle gaskets
- New power mirror gaskets
- New roof mids. Stainless screws
- New side marker light bezels
- Polished side marker lenses
- Lube all windows & locks
- Lube all door hinges, hood hinges, tailgate
- New grill surround
- New grill surround decals
- Polished aluminum door thresholds
- New stainless steel screws on thresholds